So you are in the market to find a tool that connects to your cloud accounting software to help you grow your business with or without the help of your accountant.
You did a bit of “googling” and narrowed your search down to two really powerful web based applications; Crunchboards (now Futrli) and Spotlight Reporting.
Both of these ‘apps’ have positive reviews and are great at what they do, but how do you decide which one is best for you and your situation?
We are currently answering this question as well and have compiled a brief review of the major reasons you may pick one over the other…
This article will be updated as we continuously test out both pieces of software.
So here’s our initial thoughts. Let us know your thoughts as well in the comments below.
Major Reasons for:
- Very modern and user friendly interface
- Real Time Reporting – Auto-syncs with Xero and Intuit regularly
- Reports are web based responsive format (able to view easily on mobile phone), and ability to share read/write access to clients
- Reports are fully customisable and ability to create own complex formulas and templates
- Soon to integrate with MYOB
- All subscriptions include all the features, not different products.
- Rolling forecast view
- Forecasts up to 10 years
- Read-only reports
- Export forecasts to PDF
- Report collation
- Non-financial data management
- Multiple what-if scenarios
- Forecasts from last year’s actuals
- Budget imports via CSV
- Unlimited formulas
- Email alerts
- Financial and non-financial KPIs
- Client access controls
- Performance visualisations
- Multiple forecasts per account line
- Forecast imports
- In-app messaging
- Report templates
- Export reports as CSV/PDF
Major Reasons for:
- Integrates with Xero, Intuit, Excel, WorkFlow Max and Google Analytics (requires user to manually run sync)
- More widely used compared to other reporting/forecasting products (https://www.xero.com/au/marketplace/app-function/s/reporting/1/?orderBy=LISTING_FEATURES_
- 4 different subscriptions, and ability to add remove functionality to adjust the monthly price
- Multi-entity benchmarking and ranking
- Highly customizable reports
- Custom charts
- KPI reports
- Financial analysis
- Data import
- Third party integration
- Interactive reporting
- Data visualization
- Visual analytics
- Balanced scorecards
- Balance sheet analysis
- Trend analysis